Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports To: VP, Finance and Accounting
Department: Corporate Accounting
Oversee the preparation of all the consolidated financial and management reporting, budgeting, cash Forecasting. Manage the corporate accounting departments, ensuring corporate journal entries to be recorded and all management fee to be billed.
• Prepare monthly consolidated reports including budget variance analysis, management financial statements and supporting schedules at the corporate entity level as well as at the consolidated level;
• Oversee the preparation of the consolidated budgeting and cash forecasting
• Prepare and post corporate journal entries with proper supporting schedules, including monthly expenses accrual, bank and debenture interest, elimination entries, overhead cost allocation, payroll and distribution as well as reconcile inter-company balances;
• Review and co-ordinate prepared invoices for all management fees, time billing and overhead cost allocation charges for all properties that are owned/managed/developed by SmartCentres;
• Review bank reconciliations and handle all special banking issues;
• Provide assistance to property accountants and follow up with outstanding corporate adjustments;
• Review GST/HST and QST returns for filing with the government for all management companies;
• Provide and ensure accuracy of coding for all corporate payables; ensure proper supporting documents are attached and that departmental approval is provided;
• Assist and be involved in the preparation of SmartCentres REIT quarterly/annual reporting, including audit packages complete with account analysis and reconciliations;
• Assist and be involved in the preparation of SmartCentres REIT annual budget including budget worksheets and maintaining forecasts.
• Possess CGA or CMA designation;
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience, preferably within the property and corporate accounting areas;
• Superior working knowledge of accounting practices as applied to consolidated financial
• and management reporting, cash flow forecasting, financial statement analysis and
• interpretation in a real estate development and property management environment;
• Knowledge of development accounting;
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate
• across all levels/departments within the organization;
• A self-starter with strong organizational skills;
• Superior Excel and Word skills;
• Public market experience with exposure to the REIT structure an added asset;
• Working knowledge of Yardi software preferred.
The Manager, Corporate Accounting must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally.The Manager, Corporate Accounting shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests.The Manager, Corporate Accounting shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results.The Manager, Corporate Accounting is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.