Job Title: Senior Manager, Planning & Scheduling
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Construction & Engineering
Reporting to the SVP – Construction and Engineering, the Senior Manager will be responsible for the overall development of schedule and planning management across the Construction and Engineering Department.
Primary functions will be to oversee planning and scheduling while assisting project teams in maintaining schedules, reporting status at the corporate level.
Lead and assist Project Team Project Managers with the planning and scheduling of all phases of projects and provide scheduling knowledge and expertise to help project teams develop, manage, and analyze multiple project schedules.
Gather data to create new proposal baseline schedules and work with our project teams to analyze and update multiple construction schedules. Have intimate knowledge of all current construction projects to maintain contract schedule updates and ensure our projects are accurately sequenced.
Must have experience from small, medium, large-scale retail, industrial and residential projects using scheduling and planning best practices and software. Ability to communicate with multiple project teams throughout the project lifecycle. Act as primary point of contact for Client for schedule, risk, change, document control and reporting matters.
• Having the ability to play a key role in multidisciplinary teams and take the lead role in creating plans or analysing trends using numerical and statistical techniques.
• Managing the application of specific planning/scheduling methods, techniques, and tools.
• Having the ability to advise on complex requirements and communicate analysis and corrective measures effectively.
• Being able to manage planning/scheduling delivery of medium/high complexity projects.
• Managing resources, growing and developing the team.
• Being able to manage activities with significant uncertainty of solution or outcome.
• Support senior management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects.
• Support on Cost and Extension of Time Claims
• Preparation of schedules for all projects
• Critical Path Assessment and development for complex projects
• Manage Contractors to ensure Baseline schedules are maintained and controlled through proper change management.
• Development of simple dropline schedules for project reviews.
• Monthly reporting on schedule management across all projects
• Development of resource loaded scheduling for complex projects
• Coordination with Cost and Commercial reporting for Schedule Variance reporting and Earned Value Metrics
• Coordinate with Construction Managers on the development of Scheduled baseline planning and 4D models
• Graduate of recognized University or Technical College in Project Management or Schedule Planning
• Minimum 12+ years of relevant planning & scheduling experience
• Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 (as well as other scheduling platforms/software)
• Have led a team or been responsible for planning and scheduling in the construction industry
• Independent and process orientated mindset
The Senior Manager – Planning & Scheduling must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally.The Senior Manager – Planning & Scheduling shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the Trust’s interests. The Senior Manager – Planning & Scheduling shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Senior Manager – Planning & Scheduling is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.