Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Construction & Special Projects
Oversee and manage various retail construction projects within the Portfolio.Responsible for the overall project performance as related to costs, schedule, quality and customer service while adhering to Company policies and procedures.
• Involvement with the overall architectural or civil design of the project;
• Contribute to the development of the project budget;
• Assists in negotiating and issue prime contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders;
• Carry out all project’s contract administration in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
• Monitor project costs through change order and contract adjustment procedures;
• Assists in developing recovery strategy when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy;
• Review and update schedule, cost forecasts and cash flow requirements with the superintendent biweekly and with the VP of construction monthly;
• Assists in establishing with superintendent project safety program;
• Assist in preparing and process general contractor progress draws, subcontractor applications for payment and consultants and suppliers invoices in a timely manner;
• Work with accounting department to ensure proper accounting coding, payments of progress draws and recoverable costs;
• Coordinate all tenant aspects of the project from drawing coordination, scheduling and costs to the satisfaction of the tenant;
• Establish effective working relationship with each tenant’s construction manager;
• Start to develop and maintain relationship with architects and engineers;
• Resolve project dispute in a timely manner;
• Complete project closeout documentation for archiving or transfer to Operations;
• Follow-up on deficiencies in a timely manner;
• Directs activities of administrative assistant;
• Liaise with building officials and regulatory agencies;
• General and administrative duties as required;
• Perform additional assignments/special projects per supervisor’s direction.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management;
• Additional designations and/or certifications an asset.
• Understanding of construction drawings and specifications;
• Knowledge of construction and technology methods;
• Versed in the application of building codes;
• Ability to prioritize workload;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management within the Company as well as outside the organization;
• Proficient in MS Word, Project and Excel.
The Assistant Project Manager must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally.The Assistant Project Manager shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests.The Assistant Project Manager shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results.Assistant Project Manager is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.