Job Title: Senior Leasing Manager
Reports To: Vice-President, Leasing
Accountable for leasing commercial, office and retail projects, or portions thereof, towards the attainment of corporate objectives. Continuously improve the leasing process, but also ensure that appropriate respect and attention is given by each member of his/her team to the other functional areas of the Trust, and our tenants, with whom they must interact to accomplish their mission
• Be responsible for the leasing/and strategic merchandising of a specific portfolio of Shopping Centres;
• Lease retail projects, and, coordinate efforts of leasing team towards attaining leasing targets and project plan;
• Provide input and direction on new and existing sites with respect to feasibility and availability of leasing in respective markets in collaboration with and under the direction of the Vice President of Leasing;
• Negotiate and consummate, as the case may be, Lease Proposals, Offers to Lease and Leases in collaboration with and under the direction of the Vice-President of Leasing;
• Direct Legal to prepare appropriate documents, review and deliver documents to Tenant;
• Ensure accurate approval process tracking of all documents with Leasing Assistant;
• Strengthen industry contacts and become familiar with retailers’ concepts/stores;
• Maintain rapport with, and service, designated tenant accounts;
• Contribute to process improvements and innovation;
• Monitor all existing tenancies and expiries. Negotiate and complete extension agreements;
• Track cold calls (canvassing prospective tenants and site or market visits);
• Ensure completion/finalizing of deals in a timely manner;
• Maintain leasing activity database on a daily basis, including updating vacancies;
• Maintain good rapport with Asset Managers, Property Managers and Tenants; meet with them on regular basis;
• Understand markets, projects, and sites thoroughly; includes periodic site visits, coordinating proforma updates, and coordinating leasing site plan updates;
• Keep Vice President and other stakeholders (according to procedures) informed about tenant or project issues;
• Provide input, strategies, and direction on vacancies with respect to the feasibility and availability of leasing in the respective market, as well as monitoring the execution of same by leasing team members;
• Coordinate with construction department and tenant coordination (or PM’s, where applicable) to ensure any construction work required under the lease is satisfactory to them and to ensure that all timing requirements and other conditions under the lease agreements are being met;
• Monitor arrears in each project managed property and assist in collections where possible;
• Maintain input of information required on monthly report to senior management and/or partners (ie. Vacancy report and renewal report);
• Review and understand financial reports including budgets and site proformas and prepare Net Effective Rate comparisons;
• Prepare and review marketing materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography or Business disciplines and or Professional Designation.
• Advanced negotiating skills accompanied by excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels, as well as outside the organization;
• Must own personal vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
The Senior Leasing Manager must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the Trust, both internally and externally.The Senior Leasing Manager shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the Trusts’ interests.The Senior Leasing Manager shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Senior Leasing Manager is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.