Job Title: Senior Project Manager – Construction Infrastructure
Reports To: VP, Construction and Special Projects and SVP of Construction & Engineering
Oversee and manage infrastructure and site development projects as part of the retail and commercial construction Portfolio.Responsible for the overall project performance as related to costs, schedule, quality and customer service while adhering to Company’s policies and procedures
• Lead the overall site and civil design of infrastructure projects;
• Oversee tender preparation, issuance, and review for infrastructure projects
• Oversee the design and coordination of utilities and services to the development
• Contribute to the development of the project budget;
• Negotiate and issue prime contracts and purchase orders to consultants, suppliers and contractors;
• Carry out all project’s contract administration in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures;
• Monitor project forecasts and budgets during pre-construction;
• Manage project costs through change order and contract adjustment procedures during construction;
• Develop recovery strategy when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy;
• Review and update schedule, cost forecasts and cash flow requirements with the VP of construction monthly;
• Establish effective working relations with Consultants, Subcontractors’, utilities, PM’s, Tenants and other members of the project team to facilitate accomplishment of job accountabilities;
• Prepare and process general contractor progress draws, and consultants and suppliers invoices in a timely manner;
• Work with accounting department to ensure proper accounting coding, payments of progress draws and recoverable costs;
• Develop and maintain relationship with architects and engineers;
• Manage and harmonize interactions within the construction team including the utilities, consultants and contractors;
• Resolve project dispute in a timely manner;
• Complete project closeout documentation for archiving or transfer to Operations;
• Follow-up on deficiencies in a timely manner.
• Supervise assistant project managers;
• Directs activities of administrative assistant;
• Liaise with building officials and regulatory agencies;
• General and administrative duties as required;
• Perform additional assignments/special projects per supervisor’s direction.
• University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management , or equivalent Engineering Degree
• Preferred Project Management Institute Accreditation or in progress.
• Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in the field of infrastructure (roads, wet utilities, dry utilities) and site development construction management and other components of real estate development;
• Significant experience working in the following aspects of infrastructure projects, design, procurement and tendering, construction supervision and commissioning;
• Complete understanding of construction drawings and specifications;
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction and technology methods, industry practices, estimating/budgeting, tendering, scheduling and safety requirements;
• Versed in the application of codes and full knowledge of construction contracts;
• Capable to resolve project disputes with minimal management assistance;
• Ability to prioritize workload and capable of handling multiple projects;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management within the Company as well as outside the organization;
• Proficient in MS Word, Project and Excel.
• Strong understanding of City, District processes and approvals for the implementation of Civil projects.
The Project Manager must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally.The Project Manager shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests.The Project Manager shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results.Project Manager is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.