Job Title: Head of Security
Reports To: Senior Leader (TBD)
Type: Full Time
Location: Vaughan, ON
We are seeking a highly capable Head of Security to develop and implement security strategies, in collaboration with other senior staff. You will be creating security policies, procedures, schedules, with budgetary oversight for security operations and coordinating security staff both internal and external. The role’s focus will be with the REIT’s 100 acres mixed-use development within the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (“VMC”).
To ensure success you should possess extensive knowledge of surveillance techniques and experience in a similar role. A top-notch Head of Security will be someone whose security expertise results in a safe and well-protected environment
• Ensuring all protocols, procedures and contracts are in place to ensure the safety and security of the 100-acre Master plan development at VMC.
• Collaborating with department managers to determine security needs.
• Planning and implementing comprehensive security strategies.
• Maintain budgetary oversight by way of monitoring expenses, and documenting processes.
• Manage day to day relationships and contract obligations with third party security services provider(s).
• Supervising, recruiting, and training security personnel in conjunction with third party security provider.
• Gathering security intelligence and implementing preventative measures.
• Developing work schedules, allocating tasks, and monitoring personnel performance.
• Coordinating responses to emergencies and alarms, as well as compiling incident reports.
• Preparing surveillance equipment maintenance schedules and facilitating repairs in a timely manner.
• Keeping abreast of new technologies and advancements in security services.
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and security industry regulations.
• Anticipating and acknowledging potential threat and ability to deescalate situations.
• Liaison with all levels of law enforcement as required.
• Liaison with area tenants and stakeholders (Metrolix, TTC, YRT…).
• Always promote a culture of safety and security.
• Provincial security training, licensing, and registration.
• Previous Law enforcement experience considered an asset.
• At least 5+ years’ experience in a similar role of safety, security management or law enforcement.
• Extensive experience in preventing illegal activity and performing access control.
• In-depth knowledge of security procedures and surveillance equipment.
• Knowledge of security industry regulations.
• Advanced ability to coordinate responses to security breaches and threats.
• Superb leadership and organizational abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Availability to respond to security alerts outside of business hours
• High school diploma or GED. (University degree preferable)
The successful candidate must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The successful candidate shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The successful candidate shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results successful candidate is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.