Job Title: Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance
Reports To: Vice President, Finance, Treasury, and Investor Relations
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance to join our team and help us manage our financial resources and communicate with our investors. You will be responsible for supporting various corporate finance activities, such as capital raising, debt financing, cash management, financial reporting, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. You will also provide financial analysis, modeling, and recommendations to support strategic decision making and business development.
The duties and responsibilities for this area include but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor and manage the REIT’s $5.0 billion debt portfolio, including debt analysis, issuance, repayment, refinancing, hedging, compliance and administration
• Support the preparation and execution of equity and debt offerings, including prospectus drafting, due diligence, valuation, pricing, and marketing
• Analyze the daily cash flow and liquidity position of the REIT and its subsidiaries, ensuring optimal cash utilization and availability
• Conduct financial analysis utilizing financial models and forecasts to evaluate the impact of various scenarios and initiatives on the REIT’s financial position and results
• Prepare materials to support the due diligence requirements of various providers of capital, including lenders, construction financiers, bondholders, and underwriters
• Prepare quarterly investor presentations to facilitate discussions with capital markets participants, including research analysts, institutional investors and rating agencies
• Conduct market research and analysis to monitor industry trends, peer performance, and investor sentiment
• Support the execution of various investor-focused initiatives, including periodic investor days, investor conferences, Annual General Meetings, etc.
• Prepare financial reports and presentations for senior management and board of directors
• Assist with the preparation and review of financial statements, MD&A, MIC, monthly distributions and other regulatory filings in compliance with IFRS and securities laws
• Monitor, prepare and co-ordinate issuance of letters of credit as needed for various development initiatives
• Maintain existing relationships with external stakeholders, such as investment banks, rating agencies, investors, auditors, lawyers, and regulators
• Analyze and support the maintenance of all processes, annual budgeting and documentation to effectively manage and control the corporate finance function and its integration to Executive management information systems
• Provide financial guidance and support to other business units and facilitate ad-hoc and cross-functional strategic and operational projects
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field; MBA, CFA and / or CPA designation is an asset
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in treasury, corporate finance, investor relations, investment banking, or capital markets
• Practice in public capital markets activity including raising equity and debt financing and communication with banks, investors, and other financial stakeholders
• Proficient in financial modeling, analysis, and presentation skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of REIT industry and real estate valuation methods is an asset
The Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance shall conduct him/herself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the Trust’s interests. The Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance shall also demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Position must take accountability for decisions made and is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.