Job Title: Executive Assistant – Contract for Maternity leave replacement (Dec 2023-Dec 2024)
Reports To: EVP Portfolio Management& Investments
The focus of the Executive Assistant is to assist and perform administrative and support duties for the EVP. Provide full administrative support, anticipating needs, responding to daily requests, balancing priorities and making sound decisions. At times, these duties may occur outside of core working hours.
• Managing all physical and virtual traffic into the EVP’s office, e-mails, calendar, phone, etc;
• Making reservations and coordinating travel arrangements;
• Scheduling and coordinating meetings, conferences, site tours and appearances;
• Type memos, emails & other correspondence, prepare Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as required;
• Monitor the EVP’s calendar and potentially emails with a high degree of confidentiality;
• Prepare expense reports and maintain other logs as necessary;
• General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, mailing, scanning and filing;
• Greet external guests and visitors that attend meetings;
• Track attendance and vacation of staff and provide HR with monthly updates; Organizing lunches/dinners by ordering upon request;
• Managing the requests of all Direct Reports of the EVP;
• Becoming fully entrenched in the work flow of the EVP to ease his administrative workload – ultimately dealing directly with correspondence and telephone calls;
• Being prepared to jump into a very active and busy environment, requiring multi-tasking and managing various priorities;
• Ability to use accounting system for basic functionality (e.g. inputting, approvals, running reports, etc.)
• College Diploma and/or bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a related field;
• Additional designations and/or certifications an asset;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a car.
• Minimum five years of current experience providing assistance to a senior management position;
• Ability to read and understand leases and/or lease abstracts would be a significant asset;
• Capability of operating independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to make informed decisions if necessary while keeping the Executive informed of variances to plans, potential problems and sensitive issues;
• Excellent organizational skills, while exhibiting superior time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Must excel in ability to prioritize workload;
• Self-motivated and seeks challenges;
• Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with SharePoint would be considered an asset. Knowledge of various types of office equipment is required;
• Team, dynamic and action oriented;
• Must exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with both internal and external contacts;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management within the company as well as outside the organization;
• Previous experience in providing confidential support with a high level of accuracy.
The Executive Assistant must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Executive Assistant shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Executive Assistant shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities, demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. Executive Assistant is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.